Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tea with the Queen

Cherie Blair--as in, Tony Blair's wife--is visiting AUW today.

As part of the Visit Planning Committee, I helped pick out flower arrangements with Tinne (Super Angel Faculty Coordinator Lady). I learned while picking out the flowers that it is common practice to spray paint flowers here. This is so the flowers take on hideous shades of unnaturalness--to match saris. Crammed into the little flower shop with chemical smells enveloping me, I began to wonder if a lot of brides faint in Bangladesh.

Luckily Tinne and I decided on some very natural shades of roses, gardenias, and carnations. I hope Cherie is amused.

Photos of the visit



1 comment:

  1. Have you been to the salons where the brides get prepped for the ceremony? I think all the fainting happens at those places.

    ReplyDelete